We’re often asked if we know a good painter, or tree service, or dog groomer, or what have you. Here is a list we’ve compiled of service providers in our community who have performed work for our staff and/or our customers, and gotten great reviews.
(If you have a name/number of a service provider who has done an excellent job for you, please pass it on to us at Karen@bellehome.net, along with a short blurb describing your experience with them, and we’ll be happy to add them to our list).
- Heating/HVAC – Terry LeBlanc, Owner, Independence Heating and Air Conditioning 882-0143; 203-394-2928. Nice guy, great prices, hard worker who has been in the business for around 30 years. Knows his stuff.
- Tree Service – Don’s 859-2754/795-4474 – he showed up when he said he would, price was very good, did exactly what he said he would do; also Amity Arborist (Curt) 876-0609
- Carpenter/remodeler – Jan Wolyniec, The Artisan 278-1727 (licensed). Has done a LOT of work for us, does excellent work and very reasonably priced and takes real pride in his work (put a porch addition, fixed sheetrock, installed baseboards, painted, etc. May have to nudge a bit on time, but if not a time-sensitive project, he’s the guy for the job.)
- Window treatments – Curtain Call: Adrienne Micci-Smith 203-924-0909 or 203-444-9181, or email firstname.lastname@example.org . She does beautiful work – have seen her window treatments and they are gorgeous.
- Window cleaning (exterior) – A & P 877-0808 Two firemen who do window cleaning on the side.
- Carpet cleaning – Lighthouse Chemdry 203-372-3167 very nice guy, carpets dry quickly as opposed to using steam, reasonable pricing (think he may do upholstery, too)
- Appliance repair – Dealz Appliance and Repair, Robert Hughes 203-650-1544
- Masonry – M.W Rich Mason Company, Craig or Rich 203-219-0694
- Moving company - 2 Young Studs Moving – they did a great job for a close friend, were just the nicest guys, and the pricing was half the price (or less!) of the big moving companies. http://www.studsmoving.com/locations/CT/index.html 855-278-8376
- Pools – Leslie Pools
- Florist – Wild Expressions 882-9453;
- Electrician – John Krozer is a fireman as well as an electrical contractor, does residential only, no emergency electrical repairs. Excellent work and very reasonable and will do small jobs 203-877-2968 or cell 203-641-7200 email@example.com
- Floor Refinishing – Jim Woznick, Comfortable Living Hardwood Floors. Did an awesome job on our 100+ year old wood floors and reasonable, too (and showed up on time, and was done in record time – and installed our cork floors, too.) 203-650-1691
- Sheet rock - Jim Forgette 203-648-7756 Very good work, attention to detail, fixed things that he didn’t have to (other contractor’s work), on time.