Belle Home Housecleaning FAQs
- We will send you a friendly reminder via email 3 days before your cleaning and a reminder text 1 day before your cleaning.
- We suggest picking up your home as much as possible (removing clothes from floor, paperwork from tables, etc.) before your cleaning, to get the most value from our service.
- If you’d like your bed linens changed (up to 2 linen changes are included with your service), please leave fresh linens on the beds which are to be changed. (There’s nothing like coming home to a crisp, clean, freshly-made-up bed!)
- On cleaning day, your assigned Housecleaning Tech (or team, if it’s your first time with us) will arrive and get right to work cleaning the surfaces in your home. After cleaning, we do a walkthrough of the rooms cleaned, using our 50-point checklist to ensure that everything has been cleaned per our quality standards.
- We do a final check, dispose of your garbage into your bins, pack up our cleaning supplies and equipment and lock the door behind us (unless instructed otherwise).
- Payment is easy – when your cleaner clocks out of your home, your preferred credit card will automatically be charged. You can view your invoice(s), and see your cleaning schedule right on your customer portal.
- When your cleaner clocks out, the system will email you a one-click scorecard. When you get a chance, we ask if you might let us know how we’re doing so we may adjust anything we need to in order to meet and exceed your expectations (and – our cleaners are bonused monthly on their Customer Satisfaction scores).
Contact us and let us know what you’d like done, and we will let you know if we can do it, and will give you a price for the service. Some examples of special services are:
- Refrigerator cleaning
- Oven cleaning
- “Spring” cleaning
- Holiday Cleaning
- Interior window washing
- Pre- and post-party cleaning
- Movein/moveout cleaning
- Seasonal cottage cleanings
If you have any suggestions, we are always happy to hear them. We’ve received many great suggestions for products, services, and procedures from the people we serve and we appreciate your suggestions as to how we may continue to raise the bar on housecleaning service.
We understand that things come up and you may need to cancel or reschedule your cleaning appointment. To provide our customers with consistent service and our Housecleaning Technicians with reliable schedules, we require 48 hours’ advance notice for all cancellations or rescheduling. If it is an emergency, there will be no charge for canceling or rescheduling your cleaning appointment. However, if you cancel (Skip) your cleaning without giving us 48 hours’ notice, there will be a Skip fee of $50. Biweekly customers are allowed 2 skipped appointments per year, while every 4-week customers can skip 1 cleaning per year with 48 hours’ notice and without any Skip Charge. Any skipped appointments over those allowed will trigger a $50 Skip fee. Additionally, on the first cleaning after a Skipped Appointment, there is an upcharge of $20 for biweekly cleans and $30 for every 4-week cleans, as there is now more time between cleanings.
Our goal is to do your cleaning just the way you’d like it done, every time. If you are dissatisfied with anything we’ve cleaned for you, please call us within 24 hours of your cleaning. We will send a Housecleaning Technician to your home to redo any work that was not done to your satisfaction.
Tipping is optional, although most of our customers do tip, either in cash, or by calling the office and tipping via credit card (if you’d like to automatically tip the same amount each cleaning, we can do that, too – one less thing to remember.) Your Housecleaning Tech is enthusiastically appreciative of any tip she gets!
We process payment on your preferred credit or debit card after your service is provided and your cleaner has clocked out of your cleaning. You can access your invoices and change/update your credit card right on your Customer Portal. We accept Mastercard, Visa, Discover and American Express.
We are pet-friendly and will be happy to clean your home while your indoor pets are in the house (just let us know if they are escape artists, so we will take extra care when entering and leaving your home!) If you have any aggressive pets, please keep them in a secured area that we will not need access to, such as a crate, or in the garage, for the duration of the cleaning. If you have glass tanks for fish or other animals, and prefer that we do not clean the outside of the tank, just let our office know and we will note that on your cleaning checklist. (Note: We do not let any pets in or out of the house during the housecleaning, and we do not clean pet waste.)
You do not need to be at home during your cleaning, and many of our customers are not at home while we clean. These days, many people work from home, so we are used to working around customers and their families and pets. If you will not be at home at the time of your cleaning, we can work that out in several ways. We have realtor-type key boxes (that hang from a doorknob or railing) that we are happy to provide for you; we set a code and you place a key in the keybox and let us know where it will be. Your cleaner then lets herself in using the provided key on cleaning day, locks up, and leaves the key back in the lockbox for next time. Some customers give us a code to enter the house through a front or garage door. Some customers place a key in a certain location – under the back doormat, in a mailbox, etc., although that is not optimal for security.
We do not clean on the following holidays when they fall on a weekday:
- New Year’s Day (January 1)
- Memorial Day (Last Monday in May)
- Independence Day (July 4)
- Labor Day (First Monday in September)
- Thanksgiving Day (Last Thursday in November) and the day after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Day (December 25) and the day after Christmas (December 26)
We will contact you prior to a cleaning visit that falls on a holiday, to schedule your cleaning at an available time either before or after the holiday.
Yes, we are insured and bonded.
Our office hours are Mondays through Fridays 8 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. The arrival time for the first clean of the day is 8:30-9:00 a.m. Arrival time for the second cleaning of the day generally falls between the hours of 11 a.m. and 2 p.m.
If you’re a weekly or biweekly customer, we’ll assign a dedicated cleaner to take care of your home. However, if your usual cleaner is unavailable for any reason, we’ll send another experienced cleaner to make sure your home is just as clean and sparkling as you expect it to be. And for our four-week customers, we may not be able to guarantee the same cleaner every time, but we’re happy to make a note of any preferences you have and do our best to send the same person whenever possible. Our goal is to provide you with excellent service and a clean home, no matter who cleans it!
You don’t need to provide anything for us to use, except for a toilet brush (for sanitary reasons we do not bring them with us). We bring our own supplies and HEPA filtration vacuum cleaners, and we use eco-friendly products wherever possible in your home and provide your Housecleaning Technician with a fresh set of microfiber towels and mop heads for each home that she cleans.